Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What It takes to be a servant leader...

This week in class we spoke about servant leaders. I find this topic to be very interesting and think that is something we all need to consider as potential leaders. Making a difference in your community and empowering others to do so is an important role in a servant leader. In the article we read, it stated 4 main aspects of a servant leader..modeling, pathfinding, alignment, and empowerment. We were asked to write a reflection in class about an experience we've had. I decided that being a student and all, that I would write about going to classes.
Modeling: By actually going to class
Pathfinding: Setting my goals for that day and for future as well
Alignment: Aligning my goals with my daily life, and putting them into action
Empowerment: empowering my roommates to follow in my footsteps and make it to class as well.
http://www.theleadershiphub.com/videos/happy-martin-luther-king-day-mlk-servant-leadership

No comments:

Post a Comment